Welcome Everyone!

Hope you enjoy this blog about my trip and experiences in Japan. Leave me comments just to say hello, or ask me questions about the trip. Maybe I'll answer them? Who knows.

- Riley

Saturday, September 11, 2010

And Today's Plan is...

Just woke up a few minutes ago. It's 6:03 am right now. I seem to be getting up very early, but I guess that is okay because on school days I have to get up at 5:00 am because it takes two hours to get to school.

Yesterday (which to you is still the same day), Shion and I were on the train coming home from the festival. She fell asleep (like, really asleep) on the train. She woke up right as we were at the station, so we got off. We ran into Meg and her host mum (her host sister was still at school cleaning and doing stuff there). Shion and Meg's host mum talked for a few minutes, and it turns out that we got off too early. So we had to go back down and wait for the next train.

I gave them some of the gifts last night, like the blankets, table runner, bracelets, maple cookies, photos of my family and friends, and the postcards of Victoria. They really enjoyed them. Haha, after I gave them to them, the pull out these things and Kenken tells me they didn't have time to do this when I arrived. They pull on the strings and BANG! Streamers fly out of them. It was really fun, and you can get five for 100¥ at the dollar store, so I plan to do that. :)

I've tried many new and interesting foods. Last night, we had Chinese style food. I got to help make the dumpling type things. They were pretty good. I didn't like the boiled peanuts so much, but Kenken said you either love it or you hate it. Guess I hate it. :P

Today, we are going to Church. We leave around 10:00 I think... Not sure. I know I didn't have to get up until 8:00, so I still have a little while to go. At the Church, everyone there is having lunch together to celebrate the Old People (people over 75). One of the men there is 101! He is their next door neighbour.

Monday brings more excitement! Shion, Kenken and I are headed to the mall for the day. Emmi, I will try and find your Hello Kitty headband there. I'm sure I'll find it on this trip at one point or another. Then, Shion and I are going to do Pictura, which is the awesome sticker photo booths. Mum, that may be where I will be spending much of my money. :P Kenken said that you can send them to your phone to use as a wallpaper. Don't know if it will work on mine, but we will have to see. Then that night, Shion and I are meeting Mina and her host sister at the Karaoke Box. Sounds like a blast!

I'm not as homesick anymore. When talking to Mum, Dad, Blaise and Emmi on Skype last night, I didn't cry, which is good. I bet lots of people cried last night though. I bet once school starts and we get to see each other everyday, it won't be as bad.

This morning, I woke up when the sun rose for a few minutes. The sky was red! It was so cool to look at. I wish that I had been awake enough to remember to get my camera. :)

Mum, here are some pictures from the festival yesterday:

Our School Uniform!
The girl from Ottawa who's name I can't remember...
My attempt at calligraphy
O Canada, eh?
Flower Arranging with Meg
That's all I can put up right now. One picture takes a loooooooong time! The video I was going to post was taking forever to upload, so I'll try it again later.

For all you people here who have Yahoo! email accounts, you can follow this blog with one of those. Just incase you were wondering... :)

xoxo Riley

4 comments:

  1. Riley! Haha Im really enjoying reading your blog :) how is emily doing? Did martine get there alright? Hope youre having fun! Miss you guys, our classes are so small! Talk to you later, Kels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Riley! I'm glad everything is going well over in Japan. I love your blog. It's really a great way to keep in touch. You'll have to show me how to do all this at CHristmas when we all land on Grandma and Poppa! ha! You're Mum loved it over there. The red skies sound like ones down here and it's HOT here too! We had Colton's BD Party last night ( early ) b/c Uncle Tony was down here visiting and would miss it Oct. 2. Well, keep your spirits up and have a blast! I will be looking forward to reading your blog as the days progress. Love you lots, Auntie Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Riley! Great job. We love your blog! Keep up the great work (perhaps there's a career as a travel writer out there for you)! The Lunds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yodelo Rileyo!
    Your blog is Great! i just read it and its really interesting, kinda like a book of travels for me to read(which i guess it is). anyways, keep writing, keep having fun, and tell everyone hello!!
    Manie :)

    ReplyDelete