Welcome Everyone!

Hope you enjoy this blog about my trip and experiences in Japan. Leave me comments just to say hello, or ask me questions about the trip. Maybe I'll answer them? Who knows.

- Riley

Monday, September 20, 2010

Sightseeing Adventures

Today, we went sightseeing around Fujinomiya (the city in Japan that I am living in). We visited a Sengen Shrine, which was beautiful! We got to look around outside (we couldn't go inside) and fed the koi fish in the river. Fun fact: The water from the river is the melted snow from Mount Fuji!

The Sengen Shrine
Afterwards, we went to the White String Waterfalls. They were so beautiful! We got tons of pictures, that I will show Ms. Stannard for my Photography 11 class. I hope she likes them!

Pretty, right?
We looked around in some shops (including a 100¥ shop). I bought some permanent markers so that on the last day of school, people can sign my shoes, and a case for my laptop that is more durable than my Tinkerbell shoulder bag. We got takeout afterwards and ate at home. We checked two different sushi restaurants, but both were full, and we didn't want to wait. :)

When we got home, we relaxed. I showed Kenken how to make the bracelets I was showing Shion and Kanan earlier. She did really well for her first time, and she really liked it. :) I helped Shion with her English homework, because she had so much of it! Plus Math on top of that! I also finished "Skinned" and am moving onto "Suite Dreams" by Rachel Hawthorne. Sidney said it is good, so I'm sure I will like it. Plus, I've read two other books by her, and liked them, so...

Tonight, we played this game that was actually pretty fun. I lost every time though. :P

Fun fun fun!
My host family gave me a really nice gift today! A stamp with my name on it! It has my name in Hirigana, and Kanji. They had to get it custom made!

Isn't that so nice of them?!
That's all for today. Talk to you tomorrow!
xoxo Riley

2 comments:

  1. Hey Riley!! Your Pictures are amazing!!!!! :D
    I'm heading out to the harbour in a few minutes for SALTS so I won't be able to Check your blog :( but OH WELL!!!!!!! I'll be having some fun ;)
    The stamp is really cool btw :) really neat!
    I'll talk to you at the end of the week!
    Love,
    Vicky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Riley, you forgot to tell us how the pancakes turned out!? Manjit

    ReplyDelete