Welcome Everyone!

Hope you enjoy this blog about my trip and experiences in Japan. Leave me comments just to say hello, or ask me questions about the trip. Maybe I'll answer them? Who knows.

- Riley

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Artsy Fun

We drove to a town called Somethingsomething, about an hour away from Fujinomiya. I got really queasy on the drive to the place, but as soon as I stepped outside and had some water I was fine. Literally, no one was there. It felt like a ghost town. First, we went into a glass shop, where Shion and I made paperweights and Kanan made a jelly candle thing. It was tons of fun, but I won't get my thing until after I'm back in Victoria. They said they will mail it down with a Christmas gift or something. I wasn't expecting a Christmas gift, so I guess I will get them all something too. Any suggestions?

Then we went to the pottery shop where Kenken made a pot of some sort. We only stayed for a little while, because we went into the paper shop where we each made five postcards. Like, we actually made the paper and decorated the post cards with ink and stuff. It was really easy, but we have none of the right materials at home. Darn!

Once back in Fujinomiya, we went to Shion's favourite clothing store. I bought a school bag because my backpack is huge and not so attractive (sorry, Mum). So I got a smaller one that is perfect for school here and for carrying books between classes in Victoria. It's blue, and checkered, my two favourite things mixed into one. :)

Afterwards, we went to a giant 100¥ store. I bought a pocket mirror, some stickers, some candy, some envelopes, and a notebook. I hope mum is happy that I am finally spending money. I still have so much Yen left! I have no idea what the hecksters I am going to do with it. Maybe I will have to go shopping some more. :)

Here are some photos from the photo shoot we had yesterday:










Here are some pictures from the Shrine we visited yesterday:

What is with me and jumping pictures?
Yes, we did climb all these.
From the top looking down.
Finally made it! Or did we? Nope. There were more around the corner.
Today, we ate lunch at a sushi restaurant (finally!). The food gets delivered to your table by a mini bullet train! How awesome is that?


That's all for today. Leaving comments makes me happy. I read them all. :)

xoxo Riley

5 comments:

  1. I loved all the pictures! I see photography as your next calling! Thanks for sharing them with us.....or was it that you have really photogenic models! 7 days to go! Manjit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley
    GET IN SOME OF THE PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!
    Emmi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that one of Mina on the wall!! And yes Riley. GET IN THOSE photos!! You want to remember you being there right??? I just got home form SALTS!! It was uuuuuuuuber fun and the food was so much better than srath. SO MUCH BETTTTTTER!! Looks like you guys are hving an AMAAAAZING superbular time!! miss you guys!
    Meghan xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. if Olivia had been wearing something with SMS on it, that one picture with all of us could be like a glamour shot for and ad for the SMS uniform XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. Totally! That would have been awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete