Welcome Everyone!

Hope you enjoy this blog about my trip and experiences in Japan. Leave me comments just to say hello, or ask me questions about the trip. Maybe I'll answer them? Who knows.

- Riley

Monday, September 13, 2010

The Awesome Day (with Pictures!)

Meeting my host family at the train station on the first day.
Today was awesome! So many great things happened. Shion, Kenken and I went to the mall near our house and shopped for a bit. We got ice cream...

Yummy!
... Bought some sweet things...

Tinkerbell and Giselle folders for school
Pencil tin, notebook and Cheshire Cat stickers. The necklace is new too!
... and had a great time! Then we met up with Mina and her host sister Migiwa. We shopped some more, and did... Wait for it... Pukura! Soooooooo much fun! We did it twice, but I'm excited to do it again! Here are the ones we did (sorry for the bad quality):

Kawaii!
Kawaii times two! :)
We met the KFC guy:

My new BFF. Ha ha.
When we came back from the mall, I showed Shion and Kanan my folders, but they didn't know who Giselle was. So we found "Enchanted" on YouTube (with Japanese subtitles for the first half!) and watched it. They loved it so much!

Mum, here is the picture of Mount Fuji you wanted. There were no clouds around it, so I got a good picture!

Beautiful, eh? The pink in the city is the mall we were at today!
I also got you some chopsticks.

I hope you like green!
Emmi, Kenken bought you something, but I'm not going to say what it is! Heh heh.

What could it be?
Last night, the three of us had some fun with Photo Booth. They were laughing so hard!

Silly faces!
I gave them the Maple Syrup. They were all soooooooooo thrilled! You have no idea! I'm making pancakes for them on the weekend. I hope I don't mess up!

Love, hugs and pogo sticks!
Riley

PS: I will be sure to give everyone the hugs that have been requested!

9 comments:

  1. Hello Riley, I just woke up your friend Victoria to take her to school and I had to pull her out of bed at 7:10am ... I think some training in Japanese time would have come handy for her ... You don't know how much we look forward every day to reading about your every day life in Japan. I am glad that you are having a great time. What a photo of Mount Fuji!!!! Good luck in school today and say hello to all the other girls too. We miss all miss you, keep up the good job! Love, Silvina (Victoria's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Riley!!! I think Its one am your time right now. Am I right??????? (haha If you have no clue what I'm talking about, you can just ask Martine lol)and If I'm off my like, 6 hours.... well... I'll just be depressed.. :P
    The Folders You bought r SOOOOO Pretty!!!!!!!!
    I wish We had that photo booth picture thing here!!
    The stuff you bought is sooooo KAWAII!!!!!!!!!
    That is a GREAT pic of Mt. Fuji ;)!!!
    keep up the posting and have fun!!!
    Lots of luv,
    Vicky ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say: we miss you all ... Should have revised it before sending it ... Vicky's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Riley,

    Looks like you're having lots of fun. Can't wait to see more pictures. Elianna will be envious of your Tinkerbell purchases.

    Take care and look after yourself.

    Tracy (nurse)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Riley!

    This is Jean, Kristina's mom. I have been asking Kristina endlessly how everyone is doing, so I thought I would check out your blog myself. It looks like you are having a great time! What a wonderful experience! I think there are more of you there in Japan than are left at SMS! I can just imagine all the chit chat once you guys get back from Japan, and the other kids from SALTS, etc.! Keep blogging! It is really entertaining to read while I eat my lunch at work! Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Riley I love the Photos looks like your having an awesome time. My mum and I are always reading your new posts, its really intresting.Say hi to everyone for me :)hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!! I Cant wait to here more. Miss you all

    Rheanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again Riley!!! Just thought you might want to know that while you were gone...
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    YOU WERE VOTED OUR GRADE REP TO COUNSIL! ;D congrats girly! :) lol
    Lots of love,
    Vicky :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woooooweee! Great pictures! I love that photobooth thingie! It's soooooooo cool!!! I hope you are having a GREAT FANTASTIC FANTABULOS AMAZING time!! How was kareoke? Dude that would have been soooooo fun! Post more pics soon cuz thats sooooo cooooooool! Specially mount FUJI! Miss you bucketloads!
    xxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
    MEGHAN :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah! And congrats on GRADE REP BUDDY!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOO!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete