Welcome Everyone!

Hope you enjoy this blog about my trip and experiences in Japan. Leave me comments just to say hello, or ask me questions about the trip. Maybe I'll answer them? Who knows.

- Riley

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Shopping Today!

Mina and I are excited to go shopping today. Might spend some money... Mum told me to, so... :) Haha. Anyways, I'm also very excited to go to the Karaoke Box. Sounds like we will have a ball of a time.

Who is it who wants me to memorize the Lord's Prayer in Japanese? It didn't say who...

Manjit, the sounds here are different. Crows even squawk differently! There is a dog next door that barks a lot. You can here motorbikes riding by at all hours of the day. Fashion here is different. Lots of daring choices! It smells like... I don't really know. It's very humid, so I guess it smells like rain or something. :) The house is on the smaller side, but there is enough room to move around. Right outside the house is a green tea field, then the city (the mall included) in the distance with Mount Fuji in the background. It is so huge!

Emma, thanks for checking out my blog. :) I don't know of any trips yet, but then again, I've been here for only three days! I hope I get to see Tokyo. That would be awesome! Don't know about Tokyo Disney, though. Mum says that it is basically the same as the one in LA, which I've been to, so I won't be crushed if I don't go.

I figured out how to work the A/C, so the bedroom is warm, but manageable. I've gotten used to the heat. I've also gotten used to waking up early. I seem to get up around 5:15 every morning, but I have to wake up at 5:00 on school days! It takes two full hours to get to school!

Hope Victoria is going well. I can't wait to tell you all about my shopping expedition tonight! Or maybe tomorrow night... I don't know. :)

Your 'till the chocolate chips!
Riley

5 comments:

  1. Riley!Reading your blog is becoming the highlight of my day! Ive read all your blogposts haha. i love hearing about how you and the others are doing :) tell everyone I say hi & miss them all! Give Olivia a big hug from me please! And Martine too! Tell Martine she can do it and re-assure her for me please! Have fun shopping! I love japanese pencil cases by the way ;) lol talk to you later, kels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What has been your favourite food so far? What about Mina? What is the strangest fashion statement you have witnessed so far? Have you been to any of the corner stores? You should try niku-man. How are you managing with the ha-shi (chopsticks)? Keep your eyes out for a new pair for me, please. I am interested to hear what the schedule will be like at school. I wonder if there are any site seeing trips planned for you girls as a group. Mt. Fuji is pretty amazing isn't it? Love you lots, have fun. Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riley, we check the computer first thing when we wake up--we enjoy your blog and visit details so much. Happy that all has gone well for you--do hope Martine and Emily's problems have been resolved. I was really taken with the shops and markets when we visited your Mum in Sendai back in 1984! Much love, Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Riley! :)
    What does a green tea field look like??
    Its funny hows crows can squawk differently even though its just across the pacific :S lol
    If you go to Mt. Fuji, take TONS of pics and post them k? ;)
    Tell Give Catherine a Big Hug frm me and give Em and Martine an even bigger one and tell them to hang in there :) Hope Em's Feeling better soon and doesn't have to come bck just after 3 days! :)
    Keep Posting! Your blog is soooo fantastic that I check it 3 times a day ;)!!! lol\
    TTYS!!!! Vicky ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well this blog is just fantabulously wonderful! I am starting to check it as much as I do facebook...heh heh...anyhooooo give everyone a MASSIVO hug for me please. Yourself included!! Hahahahahahaha. School is quite the lonely place without you guys...like every class I'm in has a MAX. of eight people!! MISS YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH!!
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
    love Meghan :)

    ReplyDelete