Welcome Everyone!

Hope you enjoy this blog about my trip and experiences in Japan. Leave me comments just to say hello, or ask me questions about the trip. Maybe I'll answer them? Who knows.

- Riley

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Karaoke Awesomeness

This morning, I actually slept in... Well, if you consider 7:15 sleeping in. But that's pretty good considering I've been getting up for school by 5:00, so...

Church this morning was boring. Even worse when you can't understand a thing anyone is saying! And we were there for a full two and an half hours! Sigh. But oh well.

Afterwards, we went to the Karaoke Box. Basically, you pay to use a room (there are lots of rooms) that you go and do karaoke in. You sit on some sofas, and there is a table in the middle of the room with a TV on the wall. It's like a small room, by the way. Then there are these wireless touch screen things that you pick a song with and away you go! At the end of the song, it tells you how many calories you burned while singing it. Weird, but whatever works. I sang a lot of songs from Kool FM, as well as some others, like "Always Look On the Bright Side of Life" (which is one of the theme songs of this Japan trip) and "We Like to Party" by the Vengaboys. So all in all it was a good day.

Tomorrow, I'm making pancakes for breakfast. Wish me luck! We're also going sightseeing around town. We're going to the shrine near the house and to these waterfall things that is apparently nothing like Niagra Falls... We shall have to see. Then we'll probably just go shopping or something in the afternoon. Shion has tons of homework this weekend, and two tests on Tuesday, so she will be studying whenever she gets the chance!

Worked on the TV show for a while this morning before Church while Kanan and Shion were watching their Japanese Power Rangers show (no idea what it's called). So far, it's six minutes long, but we haven't even filmed a lot of it yet, so it will hopefully end up being about fifteen minutes long. That's pretty good, if you ask me. :)

Emmi, have an amazing time at Strathcona! I hope that you don't get rained on while on your tarp night. If it is raining, pick a spot in the middle and away from the sides. Trust me. :) And I love you too.

Meghan, I asked Meg to email or Facebook Krissy, so hopefully we will be able to be on the team. :) Doubt I will though, because I can't even do a cartwheel... Remember PE class this year when I attempted a backwards summersault? Heh heh.

Ms. Penner (or should I say, PenPen?), welcome to the blog. I don't think it's nosy that you're following it. Lots of people are following it. So many I can't even keep track! :) No idea why Mr. Campbell doesn't have a blog up and running. He should though. I miss everyone too, and I'm sure they miss me. :) If it wouldn't be too much of a hassle, could you email me the minutes from the Outreach meeting I'll be missing? I'll make sure Haddas gets a copy too.

Sidney, I will try my very hardest to be there on Housewarming. I will be extremely tired though, so I can't promise anything. I may come, but not be able to participate in the events. But I should be able to help get things organized and represent my house and grade! Do you think you could fill me in on everything that they said I would have to do? Thanks bud. And shaved legs? That should be interesting... :)

Almost done my third book of the trip. Read two Gossip Girls so far and am finishing "Skinned" by Robin Wasserman. Pretty good, but kinda strange... Just like me. :)

Looking forward to school on Tuesday. No idea why. Probably because I want to work on the TV show some more. Hopefully everyone is still up to it and doesn't say they don't want to anymore, because I put a lot of effort into the beginning of it! Especially the intro video. :)

That's all folks!
xoxoxo Riley

3 comments:

  1. Hey Riley
    Thanks for the support on strathcona! We are gonna leave for school to catch the bus in 30o minutes and it is pouring out, so the trip might not be very much fun:(
    You should finish the video!! U know the rock that body video that meg and meghan made, well i figured out how to email mine and kates to you so i will give it a try.
    Keep having fun,
    love Emmi

    ReplyDelete
  2. we gave your email to Casey (i don't if thats the way you spell her name...) so you might get an email from her, she ran the meeting... but have fun for the rest of you trip! it will fly by way faster then you think! so enjoy every moment of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the tv show will be amazing! Can't thank you enough for putting Claudia's pictures up. Are you looking forward to the festival?

    ReplyDelete