Welcome Everyone!

Hope you enjoy this blog about my trip and experiences in Japan. Leave me comments just to say hello, or ask me questions about the trip. Maybe I'll answer them? Who knows.

- Riley

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Holy Guacamole!

Umm... Wow. That is basically all I can say. I have had so many wonderful comments about this blog, when all it started out as was a way to keep in touch with some people instead of emailing them multiple times. But now I have parents of friends and my sister's friend and friends from school commenting and following... It is an amazing feeling!

Church was good today. I didn't get what they were saying, but I knew it was about Old People Day. The minister made me stand up so everyone could clap for me. I bet I looked like a tomato. :P

The food was excellent! It was like a giant buffet, with many different foods. I had sushi for the first time here. Waaaaaaay better than Thrifty's. :)

Afterwards, we went shopping at what I like to call a "Kawaii!" store, because everything is kawaii this and kawaii that. For you none Japanese speakers, kawaii means "cute". I bought a notepad so I can send some letters to my friends, a pencil tin for school and some Cheshire Cat stickers.

Pumped for tomorrow. We're meeting Mina and her host sister at the mall. We can see it from the house, along with many other places.

Mum, I'll post the picture of Mount Fuji I took today later. I'm too lazy to get my camera out!

Yours 'till Niagra Falls!
Riley

6 comments:

  1. HI Riley,
    Excellent blog!You are doing a fabulous job! If you have time and if you are wondering about other things to write about, I would be very interested in reading about descriptions of what you see. For example, the house, the yard, the streets, the scenery, the clothes people are wearing, the mall that you go to with Mina today and how are they different than here. Also, what are the smells outside like? Are they different than here? I see a book in the making for you now! Have fun shopping with Mina!
    Manjit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Riley!!
    Sounds Like you guys r having tons of fun already ;)Is Ms. Dornekamp right about the whole "sushi snob" thing in the making???? lol What sort of stuff did they have at the Kawaii store???
    Say hi 2 everyone 4 me!!!
    Luv,
    Vicky ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Riley!
    Kelsey sent me the link to your blog, this is a really great idea! Good for you! I'm going to try and read it as much as I can. :)
    It sounds like you are having an awesome trip so far! As for homesickness goes, do tell the girls that it gets better and better as the days go on.

    It is really too bad about Emily going into the hospital. Is she doing better now? Tell her I say hello and that I hope shes feeling better!

    Have you heard about any special trips your host family is taking you on? See if you can get a chance to visit Tokyo, and Tokyo Disney. They are amazing!

    Have fun and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Riley, try to memorise the Lords prayer in Japanese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey.
    this is a good blog i like it. how was shopping? im going today lol. oh and dont you have a/c at your house? lol btw i like the part where the minister made you stand up lol id be so embarrased if i had to d that so good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Riley
    Great to see a few photos. I look forward to your blog every day. Wonder what you thought of Karaoke?? Have you heard from Claudia? I get little bits by email. I guess she doesn't have a lot of computer access. Maybe once she gets to school I'll hear more. Anyway it sounds like you are having a fabulous experience so far. Nice to hear your taking it all in with such enthusiasm!!!!!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete