Welcome Everyone!

Hope you enjoy this blog about my trip and experiences in Japan. Leave me comments just to say hello, or ask me questions about the trip. Maybe I'll answer them? Who knows.

- Riley

Saturday, September 11, 2010

School Festival

Another disaster struck: Emily got sick and went to the hospital either last night, or this morning. She finally arrived at the school, but she is going to stay with Mr. Campbell and his host family (which happens to be Kyoka, one of the Eiwa girls from the summer) while her host family takes her host sister to a dancing competition. She is feeling terrible, and if it doesn't go away within the next few days, she will be heading back to Victoria.

The festival today was good. Us Canadian girls didn't do much, as everything worth doing was in Japanese. Plus, when you've been up for 26 hours and get only 4 hours the night before, you don't really feel like doing much. We wandered around the classrooms. They each had a different club's stuff in it. There was a calligraphy room, flower arranging room (ha ha Mum) and a room with the SMS school uniform in it! Pretty rad, eh?

We hung out in the teacher's office for quite a few hours. It has A/C in there, and it was quiet, so we could rest. None of the teachers minded.

There was a show too that we saw. It had singing, dancing and the band played. It was pretty amazing actually, but really loooooooong!

We also met another Canadian girl who is going to school here for five months! She came August 30th from Ottawa. I didn't catch her name, but she is 17 and she hung out with us for a while and showed us around. She seems nice.

I am so tired, it is unbelievable. I miss Mum and Dad like crazy. Everyone from SMS except for Olivia cried themselves to sleep last night, myself included. We are all so homesick. I hope it gets better. We are all looking forward to Tuesday when we go to school (we have Monday off) so that we will be able to see each other. It isn't as bad when you have your friends to support you.

Emmi, I'm going shopping on Monday, so I'll see if I can find your Hello Kitty headband, alright? I miss you lots too.

Meghan, thanks for being a good commenter on this blog. I haven't heard much from really anyone else from SMS, except for the girls here and Victoria. I miss you tons too, and can't wait to tell you about the trip.

Photos will be up soon, I'm just way to tired to upload them to my computer. I got some videos of the concert too. Let me know if you want to see any of them.

Mum, I will talk with you in a few hours on Skype, okay? Tell Dad that I miss him too. God, now I'm crying again.

xoxo Riley

4 comments:

  1. riley riley rily
    hang in there we all love u and u seemed to be progressing when we talked to u on skype. Your sisters seemed really nice and u r in good hands. Keep writing in your blog and before you know it u will be home again, back to your grumpy self!!!!!!

    xoxo emmi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying reading each day! Hang in there as I'm sure things will look better after a few consecutive days of sleep. Just remember it's just the same old same old back here in Victoria.

    Maureen (Claudia's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang In there!!!! I know you'll all have a great time!!!!! Poor Emily :'( Hope she gets better fast! I've cot this damn cold so I might no be able to go to cirque today >:(
    BUT! TELL EVERYONE TO HANG IN THERE!!!!!!!!
    Only think of yourself as there for one day. take it all in best you can, and do that every day. that way It won't be as hard. ;)
    HAVE FUN!!!!!
    Luv,
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW GUYS!!! It makes me wanna cry that you're crying!! GAAAHHHH. Jeez...I wish I was there with you now :( I hope Emily feels better! That sucks big time :( Hang in there you guys. Think posotive and remember that you can always email or whatever when you need to talk to someone! I know its not really the same but you'll start having fun in no time!! Love you lots! xoxoxo Miss you MUCHO ALOTO.
    Meghan xoxo

    ReplyDelete