Welcome Everyone!

Hope you enjoy this blog about my trip and experiences in Japan. Leave me comments just to say hello, or ask me questions about the trip. Maybe I'll answer them? Who knows.

- Riley

Friday, September 3, 2010

Shoes and Luggage

As I was laying out clothing and such to pack on my trip, it hit me: What shoes should I bring? Then I remembered, that they have different shoes for everything. Turns out I need to bring four or five pairs of shoes.

• My white runner/school shoe things for walking to school every morning and night.
• My black school shoes to wear inside the school incase they don't have my size for the correct type of shoe.
• My runners for indoor PE.
• My purple ballet flats to wear around, as well as with my dress.
• My flip flops... They don't take up much room, so why not?

I'm only going for three weeks, but that seems to be a lot of shoes for such a short period of time. But since the customs there are different, you need different shoes for basically everything you do. It's to help keep places clean, namely the school, because the students have to clean it themselves. I don't have to help with the bathrooms, but I get to participate in the daily classroom clean.

My luggage bag is, to say in one word, HUGE! We're borrowing it from a friend, so I didn't actually get to see it until yesterday. Man, it's massive. The plus side is that is weighs next to nothing, so me going overweight with my packing won't be much of an issue. The way back... That might be a different story.

Me and my suitcase
See what I mean? I'm pretty confident that I could fit all my stuff, plus one of my friends in there. Any volunteers?

xoxo Riley

5 comments:

  1. that is huge riley! you could fit a little sibling in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! But it's great for taking all my gifts with me. I have so many to give to people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I'm soooooooo excited! See ya Wednesday Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. !!! see you then! btw i started a blog on here for my family and stuff to see if thats okay with you :)

    www.shizuoka2010.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete