Welcome Everyone!

Hope you enjoy this blog about my trip and experiences in Japan. Leave me comments just to say hello, or ask me questions about the trip. Maybe I'll answer them? Who knows.

- Riley

Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Super Day!

Today was amazing! First off, I'd just like to say that the photo I took of Mina, Meg and Olivia was put onto the Lakehill Soccer blog (thanks Manjit!). Click here to see it.

Mum, I think I'm addicted to Purikura (finally figured out correct spelling!). Thank goodness we don't have them in Victoria, because I would be in big trouble! We're trying to raise $30, 000 US so that we can get one for the school... Just a though. We did some more tonight, of me, Shion and Kanan.

Aren't we cute?
We had a half day today, since it is Sunday. We ended up only having one class though, because all the others were breaks. Don't understand how that all worked out, but oh well. During our breaks, we practiced our cheerleading skills so that we will be excellent on the school cheerleading team (BTW, Meg, Mina, Olivia and I are joining it. I should probably email the school...).

Goooooooo team!
We also started our new project, a TV show called... Well, you're just gonna have to wait and see! We will probably be presenting it to the Grade Nine classes, so now you have something to look forward to!

After school, the four of us did flower arranging. It was pretty fun.

The final products! That took an hour, by the way...
We went out for dinner as a family tonight to celebrate Baba's 70th birthday. We went to a Korean restaurant was was so yummy! I ate so much!

Aren't we adorable?
That's all for now. Going to work on the TV show!

xoxoxo
Riley

4 comments:

  1. Hi Hon,
    Loved today's posting. You girls seem to be multitalented. Cheerleading, flower arranging, modelling....Can't wait to hear what everyone did on their days off this weekend. Am looking forward to seeing this tv show/movie (I think). Enjoy the warm weather. It is officially wet autumn here. Strathcona should be fun! Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. DONT EMAIL THE SCHOOL!! EMAIL KRISSY KENNEDY!! Or get Meg to facebook her or something k? Cuz Krissy and Jasmine are running it. I'm not doing it but I'm sure you girls will be FANTASTIC! The practices I beleive are Tuesday, Thursday after school, and Sunday. They've already had the tryouts but if Meg or SOMEBODY talks to them I'm sure you could get in! They pick the best of the best and you guys look pretty PRO-SKILL in that picture!
    Miss you lots :)
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Riley! I can't believe I am so nosy that I have actually joined a blog thing -- club-group-following or whatever you call it! Maybe blog is a noun as well as a verb and an adjective. Whatever....

    Anyway, it sure is cool to read what you guys are up to and how everything is going. You look happy happy in the pics. There are worse things to be addicted to than photo booths -- and you're right -- it would be fun to have one at SMS! I laughed at your comment about the risk assessment forms for running over people's backs! You've got that right! How are you coping with the ultra-competitiveness? How is Mr. Campbell doing? Why isn't HE doing a blog?!!!

    You're not missing too much at SMS since life there has effectively stopped with the departure of you and your friends. We're just all moping around, without purpose, waiting for your return.
    However, in REALITY, we're all doing fine. Outweeks begin Sunday and Monday so there is much hoopla, nagging for forms, dread-anxiety-excitement for the first-time Strathcona trippers, and anticipation for the Lucky 11 who are doing Ms. Penner's fabulous sewing outweek! We will have our first Outreach Executive meeting on the Tuesday after Outweek -- I'm sorry we can't wait for your return.....

    Well this is a lot of excitement for a Saturday morning for me! Hope you've had / are having a good weekend. I'm looking forward to more blogs from Shizuoka! BFN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like ur having a great time :) there was a grade rep meeting, meghan and i went for you but i they're gonna need u there on house warming....come if you can to help out.

    the guy teachers are getting there legs shaved, and if we raise enough money they'll get there legs... WAX :) so hopefully we raise lots of money!

    ReplyDelete